August 26, 2010

Mary's Next Big Thing

Let's be frank. My radio show, Mary in the Morning, has been canceled. Marigold, the company I founded in 2005, sold to the radio station in 2008 and have been the consultant to, has been shuttered and I'm trying to figure out where to go from here. In case you are wondering, I'm having a ball with this bizarre turn of events. Sure I shed some girly tears, but rest assured, I'm good to go.

I have received hundreds of e-mails, phone calls and Facebook messages offering condolences and eager enthusiasm for my Next Big Thing. I have also had numerous inquiries from businesses and organizations wanting to partner (literally offering to write the check!) with my Next Big Thing. Funny thing is... I hadn't really planned for this. This is The Penske File.

I'm not being coy or mysterious about this thing. I don't know what it is yet. I just know that we're on to something. It will most likely involve a website, events, deals & discounts, maybe a membership thing, audio and/or video in some form, great collaborative opportunities, lots of ways to connect you to great people and your world.

The one thing I know is that my Next Big Thing needs you. You and your friends, co-workers, neighbors and any body else you know who has been missing Mary's Last Big Thing. I'm asking you to subscribe to and promote something that doesn't exist.

Soon after you subscribe, I'll be asking you for some basic info about yourself and what you miss. I'll take it from there, put it together, make it fun, make it relevant to your life, shop it around, put it through my entrepreneurial filter, and see what comes out the other end. I can't be much more transparent than that.

Would you like to be part of this? Cool! CLICK HERE 

Want to help even more, great! Here's what you can do for me: In the right-hand column of this blog page is a link to share this on your Facebook wall. Please add your own encouraging message to your friends.

Help me even more? Wow! Get your non-Facebook friends (Gasp...) on board. Send an e-mail to friends with this link: www.maryrogersblog.blogspot.com pasted into your message and we'll really get this thing, whatever it is, growing.

Thank you, thank you thank you. I can't wait to get started. You can REGISTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS HERE.

Please comment here, am I crazy or am I making some sense?
Your friend,
Mary
maryrogers@chartermi.net

8 comments:

  1. You are awesome Mary! I'm all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes very Mary-sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alredy there. And yes, you make sense even when you don't make sense....make sense? I think you know what I mean. Candie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two things are for sure, Mary: you have always landed on your feet, and your Next Big Thing is always bigger than the one before it. Can't wait to see what you are up to next. ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, It's crazy good and makes big time cents! Can't wait to see what's unfurled!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes, not making sense makes the BEST sense... you GO GIRL!! Besides, who wants to be so boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fabulous, of course, I'm in...hope there will be commemorative hair brushes involved somewhere along the line...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary,
    After supporting you as an attendee to your fabulous "Things"...I had so much fun...I had to join you and help you out in your sales force. May the force be with you...I'm excited for you and know without a doubt...only smart, saavy, courageous and prosperous women who want more of success will support you...and...I dare say...a few men! I love that too!
    Gotta love the men!
    I'm here to support, help, rally and encourage you to move onward, upward and always with grace!
    Your friend sending love, encouragement and wisdom your way!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete